Making a complaint
You can make a complaint by contacting our Supporter Helpdesk:
By telephone on 0300 330 1234
By email at email@example.com
By letter to Supporter Helpdesk, Shelter, 88 Old Street, London, EC1V 9HU
Shelter service complaints
To make a service complaint you will need to provide the following information:
- name of the Shelter service that the complaint relates to
- your full name and address
- a contact telephone number and/or email address in case further information is required.
- full details of the complaint
Your complaint will be acknowledged by a Service Manager or appropriate Deputy within three working days of its receipt.
They will carry out a full investigation and respond fully within 21 calendar days via your preferred method of contact.
Fundraising complaints will be acknowledged within three working days of receipt. We will carry out a full investigation (provided the complaint is made to us within three months of the incident).We will respond fully within 10 working days via your preferred method of contact.
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome, you have a further two months to refer the complaint to the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB).
Shelter undertakes to:
- ensure that staff engaged in or supporting our fundraising understand the FRSB scheme and our complaints procedure.
- endeavour to resolve complaints as promptly and amicably as possible.
- maintain a record of all complaints and the correspondence related to them.
- acknowledge membership of the scheme in our Annual Report.
- complete and file an annual return with the FRSB about the number and nature of complaints received and the extent to which we were able to amicably resolve them.
- provide copies of our fundraising materials to the FRSB if requested to do so.
- promptly provide details about complaints we have received and how we have dealt with them when requested to do so by the FRSB.
- co-operate fully with the FRSB in the event that a complaint is referred to them and comply with any sanction imposed upon us by them.