Every day our teams raise money through street and door-to-door fundraising across Scotland.
Thanks to regular donations, we can plan ahead for our future work - and reach even more people in desperate housing need.
Five facts about Shelter Scotland's face-to-face fundraising
- Our fundraisers don’t work on commission. They’re all paid a flat rate, regardless of the number of new donors they recruit.
- We mainly recruit in-house. This means most of our face-to-face fundraisers only work for Shelter Scotland and regularly visit our services, to make sure you get the most up-to-date information about what we do.
- Shelter Scotland is an accredited member of the Public Fundraising Regulatory Association (PFRA). Find out more on the PFRA website.
- All of our fundraisers receive extensive training. It’s important to us that all of our fundraisers follow the correct guidelines. This includes:
- having legible identification that’s prominently displayed
- never deliberately misleading or confusing a member of the public
- following the three step rule
- And finally… our door-to-door fundraisers walk an average of 13 miles every day!
If you’ve got any questions about our face-to-face fundraising, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 330 1234.