Shelter Scotland believes that everybody needs a home. Our work won’t stop until there's a home for everyone.
Our ambition and actions 2012-2015
Our strategy's ambition is to help more people in housing need than ever before, especially families.
We will do this by:
- increasing the capacity of our helpline and enhancing our digital services
- creating integrated advice and support hubs in cities across Scotland
- putting housing back on the political agenda
- generating more independent income
- investing in our people and our infrastructure
- measuring our impact
- reviewing governance in a changing Scotland.
Shelter is a lifeline for anyone who is homeless or suffering in bad housing. If you’re faced with losing your home, we’ll do everything we can to help you keep a secure roof over your head.
Home is a basic human need. In our affluent nation, everyone should have a home, and Shelter is challenging the people in power to make that vision a reality, through tenacious lobbying, persuasive research and policy reports, and high-profile public campaigns.
Shelter strives to get the most out of every penny it spends. We’re proud to join forces with like-minded organisations, to share our ideas, and develop creative ways of tackling housing need.