The housing and homelessness charity

Shelter Scotland / England

Advice for Stirling housing association and council tenants

We can help you if

  • You are a tenant of Stirling Council, Paragon Housing Association, Stirling Rural Housing or Forth Housing Association and
  • You are struggling with the costs of keeping your tenancy - your concerns might be housing, money, debt and benefits or a combination of these

Project overview

Shelter Scotland is working with housing associations as an independent organisation, to help tenants stay in their homes, and this project is called the Making Advice Work project. The Making Advice Work project is funded by the Scottish Legal Aid Board.

How we do it

The project provides face-to-face advice and support to tenants of these housing associations that are, or could be, facing homelessness. We will also identify and make referrals onto different agencies that can provide more specialised help to the client.

The partner housing associations will refer tenants that have significant rent arrears. OUr project workers will then try and engage with tenants to see if there is any help and support that can be given to prevent them from being evicted.

Contact our helpline to arrange a referral
0808 800 4444

Fill out my online form.