HouseMate for iPhone®*Android, Blackberry, Windows mobile users Signup to get notified when we launch for you
Protect your deposit by taking an inventory with this easy to use app.Show me how →
E.g. bedrooms, kitchens, lounge, hallways and cupboards.
E.g. sofas, tables, chairs, carpets and light fittings.
These will help you get your deposit back at the end of your tenancy.
The app puts together the inventory to email to your landlord.
Need more help? It's on the app!
This is how HouseMate works:
Add a PropertyAdd your property to the app by entering details such as:
- the property address
- a short description of the property
- the number of bedrooms
- whether it's furnished or unfurnished
- the rent and deposit amount
- gas and electricity readings
Add rooms to the propertyStart by adding each room in the property to the app:
- we've made this easy by providing a list of rooms most often found in a property.
- if you'd like to name your rooms to something more descriptive like "Jack's room" you can do that too!
Add furniture and fixtures to each roomThe next step is to add each item in the room to the inventory:
- to make this easy we've added a list of common items to choose from
- add a description - make sure that you describe the item accurately
- is anything broken? - it's really important to make a note of any items which are broken or damaged.
Take photos of each item
Take a photo of each item, this will help you to prove what state the property was in when you moved in:
- take photos - make sure you take clear photographs of any damaged items
- take closeups if anything is wrong - this way you can prove the condition they were in when you moved in
Create the inventory
Once you've created the inventory, you'll need to email it to your landlord - the app can do this for you. If you're the landlord you can email it to your tenant.
- preview the inventory - before you email it
- send it via email - send a copy of the inventory to yourself by email so you can print it out and sign it for your records
Get advice from Shelter Scotland
Shelter Scotland's advice pages contain everything you need to know about solving housing problems, from burst pipes to noisy neighbours, eviction to relationship breakdown issues. Our advice pages will:
- help you solve common housing problems
- inform you of your housing rights
- show you where you can get help if you don't want to go it alone
Ready to try it out? Download →
Tweet using the hashtag #HouseMate
Get Notified of app updates
We're looking at ways to make the application available to all users regardless of platform. Get notified when we launch for other platforms.