There are growing signs of affordable housing shortages in the Falkirk area.
- In Falkirk there were 19,794 social rented sector homes in 2011-2012.
- Right to Buy resulted in the loss of 4,454 affordable homes between 2001-2002 and 2011-2012.
- In the last year 145 social sector homes were lost through sale or demolition.
- There were 335 households living in temporary accommodation in March 2013, including 117 children.
- There were 817 households assessed as homeless in 2012-2013.
- The number of households on the main council housing list, which includes the transfer list, was 8,301 in March 2012.
- 38, 000 properties in Falkirk currently fail the Scottish Housing Quality Standard.
Falkirk needs more affordable homes.
Some of the housing terms used on this page are defined in our policy and practice glossary.
Operation of the Homeless Persons legislation in Scotland: 2012-13, July 2013, Scottish Government
Annual Performance and Statistical Return: 2011-12, Scottish Housing Regulator.