There are growing signs of affordable housing shortages in the Falkirk area.
- In Falkirk there were 19,643 social rented sector homes in 2012-2013.
- Right to Buy resulted in the loss of 3,984 affordable homes between 2002-2003 and 2013-2014.
- There were 241 households living in temporary accommodation in October 2014, including 67 children.
- There were 812 households assessed as homeless in 2012-2013, comparable to the 817 in 2012-2013.
- The number of households on the main council housing list, which includes the transfer list, was 9,982 in March 2014.
- 44% of all occupied properties in Falkirk currently fail the Scottish Housing Quality Standard.
- 9% of households are in the private rented sector, compared to the Scottish average of 13%.
Falkirk needs more affordable homes.
Operation of the Homeless Persons legislation in Scotland: 2013-14, June 2014, Scottish Government
Annual Performance and Statistical Return: 2012-13, Scottish Housing Regulator.