There are growing signs of affordable housing shortages in the Falkirk area.
- In Falkirk there were 19,643 social rented sector homes in 2012-2013.
- Right to Buy resulted in the loss of 3,887 affordable homes between 2002-2003 and 2012-2013.
- There were 236 households living in temporary accommodation in December 2013, including 89 children.
- There were 817 households assessed as homeless in 2012-2013.
- The number of households on the main council housing list, which includes the transfer list, was 8,869 in March 2013.
- 35, 000 properties in Falkirk currently fail the Scottish Housing Quality Standard.
Falkirk needs more affordable homes.
Operation of the Homeless Persons legislation in Scotland: 2012-13, July 2013, Scottish Government
Annual Performance and Statistical Return: 2012-13, Scottish Housing Regulator.