There are growing signs of affordable housing shortages in the North Ayrshire area.
- In North Ayrshire there were 17,848 social rented sector homes in 2012-2013.
- Right to Buy resulted in the loss of 3,053 affordable homes between 2002-2003 and 2012-2013.
- There were 197 households living in temporary accommodation in June 2013, including 35 children.
- There were 573 households assessed as homeless in 2012-2013.
- The total number of households on the main council housing list, which includes the transfer list, was 5,595 in March 2013.
- 35,000 properties in North Ayrshire currently fail the Scottish Housing Quality Standard.
North Ayrshire needs more affordable homes.
Operation of the Homeless Persons legislation in Scotland: 2012-13, July 2013, Scottish Government
Annual Performance and Statistical Return: 2012-13, Scottish Housing Regulator.