There are growing signs of affordable housing shortages in the Stirling area.
- In Stirling there were 7,517 social rented sector homes in 2012-2013.
- Right to Buy resulted in the loss of 1,468 affordable homes between 2002-2003 and 2012-2013.
- There were 191 households living in temporary accommodation in December 2013, including 66 children.
- There were 319 households assessed as homeless in 2012-2013.
- The number of households on the council waiting list was 2,271 in March 2013, but only 258 new lets were available in 2012-2013. This means that it would take 9 years to clear the current waiting list.
- The total number of households on the main council housing list, which includes the transfer list, was 2,796 in March 2013.
- 19, 000 properties in Stirling currently fail the Scottish Housing Quality Standard.
Stirling needs more affordable homes.
Operation of the Homeless Persons legislation in Scotland: 2012-13, July 2013, Scottish Government
Annual Performance and Statistical Return: 2012-13, Scottish Housing Regulator.