Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Adapting your home for a disability

Your home may not be suitable for you if you are elderly or disabled and can't get around the property or use all the facilities. You may be able to get adaptations done to solve this problem - grants are available to pay for these adaptations, depending on your circumstances. This section also looks at your options if it isn't possible to adapt your home satisfactorily.

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us