Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Gas and electricity bills

Speak to your energy supplier if you're struggling financially or in arrears with gas or electricity bills. 

You could get support including: 

  • reduced bills or debt repayments 
  • a temporary break in your bills or debt arrangements 

If you have a pre payment meter they may be able to: 

  • arrange for someone else to top up your meter  
  • extend your emergency credit level
  • add credit to your account automatically 
  • send you a pre loaded top up card 

If someone else is going to top up your meter you will need to leave your meter box unlocked. 

The page Household bills has information on budgeting and ways to cut the cost of your bills.

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us