Repairs letter

Ask for repairs to be done

If your rented home needs repairs carried out, it's always best to report the problem to your landlord in writing. If the problem is urgent, you may wish to phone them as well.

Include your telephone number if you'd like your landlord to contact you by phone.

You can include anything else you'd like to tell your landlord. For example, you may wish to include photos of the damage.

Make sure the repairs are listed in detail. For example: 'The heater in the sitting room is broken, and the room is now so cold we can't use it.' 'A water pipe in the bathroom is leaking and soaking the carpet.' 'The handrail on the stairs is coming loose and we can no longer use it.'

Last updated: 11 October 2020