Nuisance neighbours

Living in a small community like a mobile home park requires a certain amount of compromise. However, if you have a serious problem with your neighbours, you may need to take action.

If your neighbours are making your life a misery, for example by making excessive and continuous noise, piling rubbish everywhere or allowing their pets to become a nuisance, there are things you can do to remedy the situation.

Firstly, ask the site owner to speak to the neighbours in question. They may well be breaking park rules, which the site owner (but not you, the resident) can enforce. Your rental agreement or written statement may say that the site owner has a duty to enforce park rules, but if this isn't the case, you cannot make them tackle the offenders.

If the site owner is unwilling to get involved or is unable to resolve the problem, you can contact the local council. There may be a mediator on hand to help sort the problem out, or you can complain to the council's environmental health department.

Our section on antisocial behaviour has more advice on dealing with problem neighbours.

If you need to talk to someone, we’ll do our best to help. Get Help

Last updated: 29 December 2014

Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.

This content applies to Scotland only.

Get advice if you're in England