Leave a gift in your will
By leaving a gift to Shelter Scotland in your Will, you can help carry on the fight for better housing - and make a lasting difference to the lives of homeless and badly housed people.
How your money can help
- 1.6 million children in Britain live in housing that is overcrowded, temporary or run-down. Your legacy could mean that, in years to come, a family has somewhere safe and secure to call home.
- Every year, our national helpline and local advice services give free, expert advice to thousands of families and individuals in desperate housing need. Your gift could help make sure we’re there for them when they need us most.
With you every step of the way
We know there are special people in your life to think about when making your Will, as well as leaving a gift to a special cause. We’re here to help you do that.
- Our Will-making guide takes you through all the things you’ll want to think about when preparing to make or update a Will, and the difference you’ll be making to Shelter Scotland.
- Our Legacy Adviser is available to provide individual support and advice - by email or over the phone - whenever you need it.
Your next steps
- You can request a free copy of our Will-making guide, and individual contact from our Legacy Adviser, by filling out our simple request form.
- You can also find more useful information in our FAQs about making or updating your Will.
Why I'm leaving a legacy to Shelter Scotland...
"I am lucky enough to own a warm, dry, light, cosy house. It is appalling that poor families and those fallen on hard times are unable to find or afford a home - disastrous for children."
Miss R Nutman, Cumbria
"Having been very close to being homeless in the early years of our marriage, with the added problems of a baby, we both appreciate the need for your work."
Mr and Mrs Reeve, Avon
"I have decided to leave something to Shelter in my Will. I have been fortunate and I want to pass on some of my good luck to people who aren’t so fortunate."
Sue Heels, Middlesex
"I’ve been lucky to own my homes for nearly 40 years, but I can still remember the sub-standard housing of my early childhood."
Mr R Whittlesey, Coventry
"The condition of a lot of emergency accommodation is deplorable, and I believe that Shelter is the only organisation that can highlight this."
Mr David Eley, Nottingham
"I have been a supporter since the charity began in the 60s after ‘Cathy Come Home’. I find it iniquitous that there is still homelessness in a rich country like Britain, over 40 years on."
Ms Jill Eckersley, London
Get in touch
If you have any questions about leaving a gift to Shelter Scotland, please contact our Legacy Adviser Kate McGrath on 0344 515 2062 or email email@example.com
To protect the identity of our supporters, models have been used in the photographs on this page.