Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Mobile homes and council tax

If you live in a mobile home, you may have to pay council tax.

Mobile homes are subject to council tax in the same way as traditional 'bricks and mortar' homes, and are placed into the same council tax bands according to their value. Find out more about paying council tax.

If you are having difficulty paying your council tax you may be able to get a council tax reduction to help you.

In addition, the site owner will be liable for business rate council tax on the areas of the park that aren't taken up with individual mobile home pitches. Your agreement may require you to pay a share of this tax.

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us