Shelter Scotland's free housing advice helpline
Shelter Scotland provides a free, national telephone advice line staffed by trained housing advisers. Lines are open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
0808 800 4444*
*9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
Housing problems can affect anyone. But many people can find it hard to go for advice or just don't know what help is available. Through our helpline, we have helped thousands of people solve all kinds of housing related problems, from finding them a place to sleep to suggesting how to handle mortgage arrears.
Our advisers can:
- give immediate, practical assistance
- tell you your rights
- offer advice and guidance
- link you in with specialist or local services to help you longer term.
We will answer your call as quickly as we can and treat it confidentially.
When you call, it may help if you have information to hand such as:
- your landlord's name and address and any letters you've received from your landlord, if you rent your home
- your mortgage lender's details and any letters you've received from your lender, if you have a mortgage
- details of any benefits you're claiming.