Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Relationship breakdown advice

This section offers advice and information to help you solve the housing issues which are likely to arise if  there is a breakdown of your relationship and you are separating from your husband, wife or partner. Who has a right to stay in the family home? What can you do if your partner moves out? Your rights will differ depending on the kind of relationship you are in, whether you rent or own your home and whose name is on the tenancy agreement or title deeds

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us