Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Private landlords and antisocial behaviour

Most owners and landlords of privately rented properties must register with the council and take responsibility for antisocial behaviour that occurs in properties that they rent out. Councils can make private landlords take reasonable action to deal with antisocial behaviour caused by their tenants or by people visiting properties that they rent out.

Find out more about landlord registration.

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us