Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Planning and building work

This section looks at how you may be affected if the council, Scottish Government or other authority, or your neighbours or a private company are carrying out building or development work in your area. If you're opposed to the work, you may be able to put a stop to it. In some cases, you may be entitled to compensation. This section applies to both home owners and tenants.

The planning system is currently undergoing some changes, to allow people and communities to become more involved in the planning process. You can find out more at the Scottish Government website.

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us