Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Grants to help to pay for repairs, improvements and adaptations

If you need to carry out repair, improvement or adaptation work to your home, you may be able to get some help from the council. This could be practical help or advice, or financial help. If you own your home or rent privately, you may be eligible for a grant or loan. If you are elderly or disabled, you may also be able to get help from care and repair, or social work. If your home is of significant historic interest, you may be able to get a grant from Historic Scotland.

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us