Other solutions to stop antisocial behaviour

If the council decides that it isn't appropriate to apply for an antisocial behaviour order, there might be other options available to alleviate the problem. This section takes a look at some other possible solutions to stop antisocial behaviour.

If you need to talk to someone, we’ll do our best to help. Get Help

Acceptable behaviour contracts (ABCs)

Antisocial behaviour orders won't be appropriate in all cases. Sometimes everyone can agree without going to court. This is known as an Acceptable behaviour contract. Where young people are involved this is used quite often.

What is an interdict in Scottish law?

If someone is hassling you, it might be possible to get an interdict to stop them coming near you or contacting you. Find out what interdicts are.

Fixed penalty notices

The police have powers to issue on-the-spot fines called fixed penalty notices to people who are behaving in an antisocial way and causing annoyance to others. This page explains more.

Last updated: 27 September 2017

Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.

This content applies to Scotland only.

Get advice if you're in England