Rent and financial support for crofters

This section looks at rent issues for crofting tenants, and at financial support available for crofting tenants and owner-occupiers.

If you need housing advice, contact us for free.

Rent for crofting tenancies

As a crofter you only pay rent for the land and may be entitled to housing benefit.

Housing grants and other financial support for crofters

crofting grants are available to help crofters build homes and improve the productivity of their land. This page provides an overview of the financial support available.

Last updated: 29 December 2014

Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.

This content applies to Scotland only.

Get advice if you're in England