Your rights in student accommodation

This section looks at your rights if you live in accommodation owned by your university or college

If you need to talk to someone, we’ll do our best to help. Get Help

Student accommodation and halls of residence

This page explains your rights when living in student digs, halls of residence, or purpose built student accommodation. Also advice for students who want to leave due to Coronavirus.

Disabled students' rights

Your rights if you're a student with a disability to access suitable accommodation whilst you're studying at college or university.

Last updated: 22 March 2021

Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.

This content applies to Scotland only.

Get advice if you're in England