Planning and building work

You have rights if construction or building work is affecting your home and you could get a rent reduction or compensation.

Objecting to building work and development permissions

Finding out more about building work and planning permissions in your area and how to object.

Compensation for public developments and building work

Getting compensation if you’re affected by building work and where to get more advice.

Rent reductions due to construction work

Getting a rent reduction from your landlord if you’re badly affected by building work.

Last updated: 4 February 2022

Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.

This content applies to Scotland only.

Get advice if you're in England