Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Other options if the council housing department won't help

If you are homeless and the council's housing department has told you that it can't help you or that you are are intentionally homeless, there may be other options open to you. This section explains what you may be able to do in this situation. It explains your emergency options, your long term housing options and how you may be able to get help from the social work department.

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

Are you homeless or at risk of becoming homeless?

I need help

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us