Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Repairs and maintenance in common areas

If you're a homeowner and you live in a flat, tenement or apartment block you and your neighbours can work together to keep your building well maintained. These pages explain what you should do if repair work needs to be carried out to common areas such as the roof or stairs.

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us