Skip to main content
Shelter Logo

Ordinary cause actions

Lay representation is not allowed in ordinary actions. Private individuals can represent themselves but this would be a difficult process as there are no standard forms (each action being raised by a writ) and the procedure can seem confusing.

A client asking for help should be referred to a solicitor specialising in civil court work.

This content applies to Scotland

Last updated: 29 December 2014