Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Eviction and Rights of Gypsies/Travellers

This section looks at the rights of Gypsies/Travellers who have been asked to leave a site.

It explains your rights on council and privately run sites, and on unauthorised sites, and looks at what you can do if the police get involved.

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

Are you homeless or at risk of becoming homeless?

I need help

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us