Skip to main content
Shelter Logo

Temporary accommodation if you're homeless

Temporary accommodation if you're homeless

You can get homeless help from any Scottish council if you're homeless. They must give you temporary accommodation if you have nowhere safe to stay.

Temporary accommodation must always meet safety standards. If the council decides you should be offered a permanent home, you can stay in temporary accommodation until they make a suitable offer.

Last updated: 27 March 2024

Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.

This content applies to Scotland only.

Get advice if you're in England