Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Moving home

This section tells you what you need to do when you leave a property and move into a new home, including how to end a tenancy properly, how to exchange your home if you are a council or housing association tenant, and how to go about selling one property and buying another.

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us