Useful links for the Gypsy and Traveller community

Help and advice

Citizens Advice (CAB)

There are Citizens Advice offices all over the UK - you can find your nearest Citizens Advice at the Advice Guide website. Advisers can offer advice and information on a range of issues, including benefits, eviction and harassment, and can also help you access legal advice.

Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC)

The EHRC works to protect and promote the rights of people who may be discriminated against, and can provide help and advice to people who have been discriminated against.

Ethnic Minorities Law Service

The Ethnic Minorities Law Service offers legal advice on discrimination and harassment to Gypsy and Traveller people based in Glasgow, North and South Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire and East Renfrewshire, East and West Dumbartonshire, North East and South Ayrshire and Edinburgh.

Friends, Families and Travellers (FFT)

FFT works towards a more equitable society where everyone has the right to travel and to stop without fear of persecution because of their lifestyle. The organisation provides advice, information and other services for the Gypsy and Traveller community across the UK.

Local council information

You can find out more about the services provided for the Gypsy and Traveller community and policies concerning unauthorised sites of councils in Scotland on our council sites page.

If you need to talk to someone, we’ll do our best to help. Get Help

Last updated: 16 February 2018

Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.

This content applies to Scotland only.

Get advice if you're in England