Overcrowding, pests, vermin and flooding

What you can do about overcrowding, infestations of pests and vermin, or flooding in your home.

Check if your home is overcrowded

Work out if your home is legally overcrowded and what you can do about it.

Dealing with pests and vermin in your home

Who is responsible for dealing with infestations of pests or vermin and when to get help from the council.

Dealing with flood damage to your home

What to do if your home is flooded and how to prevent flood damage.

Last updated: 19 January 2022

Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.

This content applies to Scotland only.

Get advice if you're in England