Complaints to the ombudsman

This page looks at making a complaint to the Scottish Public Serivces Ombudsman.

In Scotland, a housing benefit claimant can make a complaint to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman if s/he is dissatisfied with the way the housing benefit claim was handled, for example if there were long delays before the claimant received any money. The ombudsman investigates complaints against local authorities and will issue guidelines for the authority to follow if it finds maladministration.

The SPSO website has further information about making a complaint.

This content applies to Scotland

Last updated: 29 December 2014