Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Agricultural tenancies

This section looks at your rights if you rent agricultural land such as a farm or smallholding and have an agricultural tenancy. There are three main kinds of agricultural tenancy: 1991 Act tenancies, limited duration tenancies and short limited duration tenancies.

If you're a member of the National Farmers Union Scotland (NFUS) you can also call their free legal helpline for advice. If you're a member of the Scottish Tenant Farmers Association, you can access a professional panel of chartered surveyors, valuers, solicitors and accountants.

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us