Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Council, housing association and housing co-op tenancies

This section explains your rights if you rent your home from the council or from a registered social landlord (RSL). Housing associations such as the Glasgow Housing Association (GHA) and housing cooperatives are RSLs.

It also explains your rights if you are homeless and living in temporary accommodation. If you are a council, housing association or housing co-op tenant, you will probably have either a Scottish secure tenancy (SST) or a short Scottish secure tenancy (SSST). The pages below explain your rights if you have these kind of tenancies.

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us