Skip to main content

View our coronavirus (COVID-19) housing advice

Eviction from an agricultural tenancy

This section looks at your rights if you have a 1991 Act, limited duration or short limited duration agricultural tenancy and your landlord has asked you to leave. Your rights will depend on the kind of tenancy you have and what stage your lease is at when you are asked to leave.

If you are threatened with eviction from your tenancy, get in touch with a solicitor who specialises in agricultural law - use the Law Society of Scotland website to find one in your area. If you're a member of the National Farmers Union Scotland (NFUS) you can also call their free legal helpline for advice. Visit the NFUS website to find out more.

Scotland map Housing laws differ between Scotland and England.
This content applies to Scotland only.
Get advice if you're in England

Are you homeless or at risk of becoming homeless?

I need help

If you're still looking for help, try searching, or find out how to contact us